Boards & Commissions
Board & Commission Member Requirements
- A full term consists of three years. A member is limited to serving three consecutive full terms, not counting any time served filling the unexpired term of a previous member.
- Members may not serve on more than one municipal board or commission at one time.
- Members must be able to attend the regular meetings of the board on which they serve at the times and days posted, as well as some special meetings that may be necessary from time to time (on a limited basis). Absenteeism is cause for removal from the board.
- Members must reside within the corporate limits of the City of Okmulgee.
- Members should be able to demonstrate an enthusiastic interest or aptitude for the particular board or commission they represent.
- Library Board Member
Considers appeals to zoning decisions, considers variances and special exceptions
Review exterior projects within the Historic Preservation Districts
The library board promotes the development of independent, self-confident, and literate citizens through access to cultural, intellectual, and informational resources in multiple forms of media.
Planning and Zoning staff can advise you what would be required to get your occupancy permit and any other business licenses.
View the most recent schedules of meetings for boards and committees in Okmulgee.